- Presoaking Kamut® is optional but recommended. For best results soak overnight. Drain off soaking water. Bring 3 cups water to boil; add soaked grain. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes (note: if grains were not soaked, please allow 45-60 minutes), or until tender and plump. Drain off any excess water. Let cool.
- To roast asparagus: place asparagus spears on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, roast in oven at 400⁰ Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, cool, then cut into small pieces.
- Mix Kamut®, onion, tomatoes, and asparagus together in a large bowl.
- Add Italian Vinaigrette and pesto and mix well.
- Add feta cheese before serving and mix well.
Best Served at room temperature. Serves 4 to 6.
*Spelt or wheat berries are also options for this salad – or a combination!